The tide prediction information presented on this site is obtained from the Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology. Copyright in any material relating to tides resides with the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Bureau of Meteorology.
The Bureau of Meteorology gives no warranty of any kind whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise in respect to the availability, accuracy, currency, completeness, quality or reliability of the information or that the information will be fit for any particular purpose or will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property rights.
The Bureau's liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from use of, or reliance on, the information is entirely excluded.
Waves, winds and weather
The information provided on this site in relation to waves, winds and weather is general information provided by Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)(VPCM) and the Bureau of Meteorology, derived directly from automatic sensing and recording equipment. It is not reviewed or quality controlled by VPCM, and it is subject to the uncertainties of scientific and technical research and processes. It is subject to change without notice.
VPCM retains all rights to intellectual property in the data related to waves, winds and weather provided on this site.
Apart from any fair dealing or other statutory use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), the following terms form the basis upon which data related to waves, winds and weather on this site may be distributed to third parties:
- Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne) should be identified as the source of the information;
- Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)'s copyright should be acknowledged;
- Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)’s permission to present the information should be obtained;
- any Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne) copyright statement or logo included in a product must be retained;
- any repackaging of the information that has occurred should be clearly stated;
- all text or graphical re-presentations must include the issue time and date obtained; and
- any web services on which Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)’s data and products are displayed, should contain a prominent links to Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne) home page.
Use of tide predictions and wave, winds and weather data
As a user of this website, you accept all risks and responsibility associated with your use of the information presented on this website, and you warrant that you have informed yourself as to all matters which might impact on the risks associated with use of the information. You should not rely on the information for any purpose whatsoever and should make your own assessment of conditions, and seek appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances, before undertaking any activity to which the information provided on this site may be relevant.
In particular, the information provided in relation to tides, waves, winds and weather should not be used as a basis for any decision in relation to navigation of a vessel. VPCM gives no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information on this site, and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, both entities expressly exclude and disclaim any liability to any person for injury, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of any use of or reliance on this information.