Station Pier maintenance
Station Pier is an operational shipping facility. Every year it welcomes more than 100 cruise ships and their 300,000 passengers and crew. It also hosts visiting navy ships.
Activities in 2023
Annual routine maintenance and upgrade works are currently underway. These protect the pier’s heritage and maintain it as a safe shipping and cruise facility. All works are within approved Heritage Victoria permit requirements.
This year, the works include:
- the ongoing, annual pile rehabilitation program
- maintenance and upgrading of the pier deck and its supporting beams
- maintenance of the fire services for the International Cruise Terminal and Gatehouse
- refurbishment of the outside of the Gatehouse, including repainting in heritage colours
- testing of the mooring bollards, which are used for safe mooring of ships at the pier.
For safety during these works, Station Pier remains closed to the public.
West Finger Pier
Refurbishment of the decking is underway and is expected to be finished around October 2023. When completed, members of the public can enjoy greater access to the site.
For more information:
Tel: +61 3 8347 8300